Fast analog sw. as VC resistor

Mark Smart smart at nn.com
Fri Jan 3 18:56:07 CET 1997

> Hi Mark.
> I still don't understand why you need such complicated a circuit.
> Anyhow, switching resistors are an interesting topic. Look at this
circuit.
> It's based on a switched capacitor and is not more difficult than yours.
>
> V1 -------------o\  o---------------V2
>                 -----
>                 -----   C
>                  GND
> Bye.
>
> --
> +-------------------+----------------------------------+
> | Paolo Predonzani  |  email: predo at dist.dist.unige.it |
> +-------------------+----------------------------------+

That's a pretty good idea. I saw a couple of references to the switched
capacitor style filter in my Electronotes. The reason it didn't seem to fit
what I want to do is that I was looking for a way to control a LOT of
voltage-controlled three-terminal pots with only one oscillator. To
generate a complementary resistance (the other half of the pot) with the
switched-capacitor filter would require another oscillator whose frequency
was proportional to 1/F of the first oscillator, right? There would have to
be two voltage-controlled oscillators and 1/x circuitry for every function
to be adjusted.

With the circuit I drew, one master sawtooth or triangle oscillator can
control all the pots in the system. A separate comparator would be used for
each funtion to be adjusted, generating one pwm'ed clock to control each
set of three-terminal pots.

Message 1/63  From Tim Cockram                         Jan 3, 97 08:09:24
am PST