TI Voice chips

Duane R Balvage dbalvage at ptdcs2.intel.com
Thu Oct 31 21:19:30 CET 1996

         Hello everyone!

       I have a question - anyone have any info on the Speak & Spell /

       Speak & Math voice chips? Since these fine little toys can be

       had for a buck or two at your local thrift store, I was wondering

       how "hackable" these things are. I know that the chip in question

       is a CVSD (Continuously Variable Slope Detector?) and that the

       words are created by "phenomes" (parts of speech).

       Anyone have any more info, pinouts, circuits, suggestions,

       WHATEVER... please send it my way.

                                     Thanks in advance,

                                            Duane Balvage

  "Two nothings is nothing, thats mathematics, son...." - Foghorn Leghorn
                      ________________________________
                     / o o oo              o ooo o   /\

                     Intel Corporation, RA1-303
                   Portland Technology Development

              Phone: (503) 613-8055    FAX: (503) 613-8261
                   E-Mail: dbalvage at ptdcs2.intel.com