DIY Digital synthesis, anyone?

Steffan Davies pinetop at dircon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 23:21:44 CET 1996

Has anyone on this list attempted a digital synth of their own
contruction? I'd like to, since it makes the electronic work finite (I
envisage running the software portion on a fast 486 PC under DOS or
Linux) while the complexity of the synth is in software. The actual
sound generation would be by an external A/D convertor, attached to one
of the IO ports (would a parallel port be fast enough?)

My apologies if this seems a naive and confused post, but the idea has
only just come to me, and I've yet to think it through fully... just
bouncing thoughts around.

Steff