more MetalPhoto info

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Wed Oct 23 16:45:36 CEST 1996

   Well I happened to look at one of the sites today.  What I discovered
is that they can do them ON 1/8" aluminum panels.  So why bother with the
thinner stuff and hassle with glue when you can just get them to do the
whole faceplate itself?  All you have to do then is drill the holes, pop
the pots and switches in and then bolt it onto your rack.
   On the issue of color, the company I was looking at, Schilling's
Graphics, can do a variety of things to an etched panel.  One of the
samples of MetalPhoto I saw on the web used a gold metal with black
lettering.  Very sharp.  Also less glare.  :)
   Since I just ordered the ASM board, I'd be interested in signing
up with a group who wants to go this route and have a few panels made.
Want to start a list?

   Tony

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!
Tony Clark -- clark at andrews.edu