Laser-printed panels and other topics

Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com
Tue Oct 22 19:08:21 CEST 1996

    > I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this material, and how handy
  > you are in a dark room.  But I work in electronics making custom
  instruments,
  > and we use a material called MetalPhoto.  It's a photosensitized
  aluminum,
  > which you expose and process like film.

  Sounds just like this 3M Dynamark stuff I got. Do you expose it to UV or
  regular light? What equiptment (chemicals) do you need? How expensive is
  a setup? How big is a $15 sheet? Do you need to have a clear negative of
  your artwork (lettering)? How do you generate a good clear negative
  (large areas of black don't print well on most laser printers)?

  It's like thin aluminum sheets - right? You stick it onto your actual
  panel? How does stick? Peal off backing? Does it come undone at the
  corners after it's been in place for a while?

  - Thanks,
  CList