Laser-printed panels and other topics

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Tue Oct 22 00:40:40 CEST 1996

     This is exactly the kind of discussion I wanted to stir up...

     Thanks for the reprint Chris! Woulda took me a couple days to dig that
     out of my archives. I did want to re-read it.

     The reason I drill the panel and paper separately is that I don't want
     to mess up the holes or the panel markings. Many times when I drill
     aluminum a shaving forms that is a couple of inches long, and it
     creeps up the drill bit hiding in one of the two spiral grooves. Then
     as it gets longer and longer, it sometimes curls out just enough for
     centrifugal force to grab a hold of it and fling it outwards so that
     it forms a big honkin' jagged kinda propellor blade that promptly dips
     down and etches a four-inch diameter circle in whatever it is that I'm
     drilling. I hate it when that happens.

     So anyway there's the source of my paranoia. Maybe with your Elvis
     clock goop things go a little differently? If so that would be a cool
     thing and I'd definitely like to try it. I'll scan the stores for the
     Best-Print paper and the clear epoxy stuff.

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com