ASM-1 up and running

Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com
Mon Oct 7 15:37:19 CEST 1996

  Erik, et al. -

  I did make a panel layout, but never actually had any made because the
  number of people interested didn't justify the cost. Now, I admit I
  haven't gotten in touch with too many places about doing the work. In
  fact, all I really looked into was silk screening, and I only tried a
  couple of places before getting discouraged. Seems it would be difficult
  to get the cost down below $40 each (at the place I talked to) unless I
  got some serious quantities.

  A promising alternative to silk screen would be the anodizing method that
  Bruce Duncan posted here a while ago. There are some places that do
  anodizing in my area - unfortunately, I live in a very big city and these
  people don't want to talk to you unless you are doing 100+ units =:o. I
  will try a little more, and let you know.

  In the meantime, I have a 4-rack space layout for the ASM-1 in .gif
  format that I would be very happy to send along to anyone who's
  interested (I'm rather proud of it). 4-rack space was enough to cover the
  basic functionality of the ASM-1 with a couple of extras. Some extras
  that I think would be valuable that I didn't include in my layout are a
  CV/audio mixer and an attenuator or two - but that stuff could be thrown
  on a single rack space plate as an expander module...

  - CList