midi to drum trigger?

Mike Nail mnail at pacifier.com
Tue Mar 26 20:34:21 CET 1996

I just bought an old analog drum module with trigger inputs, and I'd like
to trigger it from midi, all I need is to use the note number to select
which trigger and the velocity to send the appropriate voltage to trigger
the drum at the right level (I hope so, anyway) but I'm really lacking in
knowledge about how to implement this in hardware.  Any idea how hard
this would really be?

         Mike Nail - mnail at pacifier.com - www.pacifier.com/~mnail

 |"We must move on from the hippie mystical religious stance of the 1960's.|
 |The hippies were fugitives from technology. They didn't face the         |
 |problems, they just ran away. But this is stupid. Wherever you run in    |
 |the world today, a microphone can pick you up. In the past people said   |
  \that God could hear everything. Today it is the tape recorder that can /
   \hear everything. The tape recorder is the new God." - Ralf Hutter    /