Idea for a CV quantizer

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Thu Feb 29 20:00:00 CET 1996

>     My impression is that this would not be any easier than a DAC, and
>     probably less accurate. For the DAC approach all you would need is a
>     clock, a counter (4040?), an bunch of resistors, and a buffer (maybe).

>     However the DAC will be very clean and sterile, so perhaps the charge
>     pump can offer some interesting analog-ish deviations.
>
>     -Gene

Gene, I am not very experienced in discrete DACs. I know that you
have made some already. What I need is a precise 7-bit DAC,
because I have to cover at least -1V to +5V (so a 6-bit isn't enough).
What I fear is the temperature drift of the buffers impedance that
might be different from the external resistors' drift.
Would You suggest a discret R/2R ladder or just 7 different summing
resistors?

JH.