Idea for a CV quantizer

Don Tillman don at
Wed Feb 28 18:28:38 CET 1996

   From: Haible_Juergen
   Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 17:30:00 PST

   I was thinking about this old Integrator + Charge pump approach.
   Build an integrator with an opamp, add a thyristor or some other
   reset-device that discharges the cap way above the desired CV
   range. Then take a pulse oscillator, clip the amplitude with some
   precise voltage reference (adjustable, for exact 1/12 V steps),
   and feed this into the integrator.

   What do you think ??

One word: drift.

 -- Don

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list