EN ??? Gone ??? / Formant modular!

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Mon Feb 26 18:03:47 CET 1996

     >Formant> Does anyone know a good replacement for the 741 ? (My guess
     >is anything would be better) I need an opa that can be fit right in
     >the place of the 741 without having to change anything to the
     >schematics!

     The pin-out is standard, so it should be easy. However you need to
     determine (based on the surrounding circuit) if you want to install a
     part with performance similar to the 741 (maybe to preserve a certain
     sound), or if a more modern part will actually be a better choice.

     The LM307 is a good 741 replacement. The TL071 is a better audio part.
     The TL081 is a better summer/buffer. The CA3140 is a better
     charge-holding buffer, but not good as an output device. However a new
     741 should still be easy to find.

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com