MAT 03, Q81 - Heat sensitive?

A.S.P. ms20 at zebu.serv.net
Thu Feb 22 21:43:45 CET 1996

I have a question regarding these components.  I recently built an EN
Option 3 VCO.  I first used 3906s for the PNPs and a regular carbon
resistor for the CV converter circuit.  After I tested everything and
made sure all was working, I replaced the PNPs with a MAT03 matched pair
and the resistor with a tempco.  Once I did this the cv input of the VCO
no longer worked.

Could it be that I damaged either of the components because I didn't use
a heatsink?  I can't figure out why the circuit stopped working.  (BTW, I
did check the pinout of the MAT03).