Spring Reverb Circuits?

Tom May ftom at netcom.com
Wed Nov 29 23:27:17 CET 1995

"A.S.P." <ms20 at zebu.serv.net> asks:

>Does anyone know of a good general purpose spring reverb driver circuit?
>I want to add a spring tank to my system, but can't seem to find anything
>that tells me how it's done.

Some ideas for whre to look:

1) Look at schematics for guitar amps with spring reverbs.  These will
mostly be tube send & return.  There are some amp schematics on the
Leper's schematic page, http://www.wwu.edu/~n9343176/schems.html, but
they may not have reverbs.  The Tube Amp Book by Aspen Pittman has
lots of schematics but no theory.

2) There is a guitar amp book called the Ultimate Tone by Kevin
O'Connor which is sort of expensive ($55) but has a chapter on spring
reverb send & return with circuits using tubes, opamps, and JFETs.

3) Post your question to alt.guitar.amps, there are several people
there that know all about spring reverbs, including at least one
person who has designed or is designing one as a commercial product.

fTom.