floating inductor simulation?

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Wed Nov 29 19:50:00 CET 1995

Hi Don / Gene / DIY-List!!

For an emulation of the Hammond Vibrato, I need
a lot of Inductors in the 500mH range.
I thought about building them with gyrators, but I don't have
the right circuit so far.

I know that simulating a *grounded* inductor is quite
easy - done it many times for EQ circuits with the simple
one-opamp circuit that has some parasitic effects.

Now for the *floating* inductors that I need, I only know
a circuit with 2 gyrators. It uses 4 opamps and many
resistors, and I wonder if there is another way to to it!
I mean, is there any other circuit for floating inductors
with less components? I don't need a hyper-ideal
inductance, I could live with the kind of RC in parallel
like it is in the simple 1-opamp grounded inductor.
Any ideas, any hints?
I am really blind concerning this, and all the good books I
have seem to be blind here, too.
Or would it be better to use a R-C-superC structure instead
of a RLC ladder? But I don't have experience here, too ...
(And no, common filters won't work, as I need reflectet waves
from the end of the ladder as well!)

JH.