TB-303 Replica

Michael Zacherl - Bacher Systems EDV GmbH mz at bacher.co.at
Fri Nov 3 15:44:50 CET 1995

>>well ... I read some critics about the Transistorbass-3 and
>>other products which try to pretend beeing a TB303. Most
>>comments are like "Pretty good, but certainly not the same".
>>
>>So is it a true replica or not? If yes, why is it stated as
>>sounding different?

>Well, what is a true replica?
>If You'd take an original Roland 303 and put it into a green
>box, some people would swear they heard "differences" in
>in the sound. OTAH, there's this load of crap in the press
>where people claim You can emulate a 303 with a CEM
>filter. I must admit I am *very* bored by the whole topic.

Me too! I don't find a TB303 a 'must have'.

I was interested if the design is as simple as the sound. :-)

>.... , and You want to go Midi, and can't afford a
>real 303, the Transistorbass is definetly the way to go. You can't
>get closer.

Hmm .. do you know the issue 03/95 of the German Keys Magazine?
There's a CD with it comparing three 303-clones ...
I digged it out of friends collection.

What's your opinion?

cheers,

/mz

---------------- Sun - Power that SPARCles. ---------------
Michael Zacherl
phone : +43 (1) 60 126-253          Bacher Systems EDV GmbH
fax   : +43 (1) 60 126-4                 Wienerbergstr. 11B
e-mail: mz at bacher.co.at                 A-1101 Wien Austria
www   : http://www.bacher.co.at/sun/   Updated at 29/Oct/95