Intro ...

Neil Durant NMD at NEWTON.NPL.CO.UK
Wed May 31 14:36:00 CEST 1995

mz at bacher.co.at (Michael Zacherl) said:

> Who is building or at least strongly considering to build a synthesizer?
> If yes, what kind of synth (analog/digital etc.)?

I'm currently restoring an old ETI 4600 (4 oscillators, 2 filters, 2 transient
generators, 1 envelope shaper, 2 ring modulators) which is *almost* working
properly, but a few components need replacing with more stable modern devices,
and some entire modules need replacing.  It's going well though, and the
sounds I've been getting so far are amazing - I've been doing FM synthesis
with the 4 oscillators and it's gorgeous!!!

Neil Durant
nmd at newton.npl.co.uk